Thursday, February 12, 2009

Our Daughter is Five


As Mommy sits and wonders

How fast the time did pass

And Daddy also ponders

How short things seem to last

We look back and remember

The girl who was so new

Her catch phrase was "Gunh and paci"

And her MADDOG was more true.


Now she chats and listens

And she has alot to say

Her words are deep and sincere

For the most part anyway

She says she likes her brother

because he makes her laugh

And she loves all living creatures

Who could not agree with that?


We are proud we get to raise her

Although I think she's raising me

Teaching me to love more freely

What a happy place to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crying at this one...so sweet!!!! Good job, Cindy! ;)
xo Lori

BRFs Mommy said...

What a lucky little girl to have such a poetic and inspired mommy. BRAVO, CINDY!!!

Patty and Juan Hidalgo said...

I look forward to chatting with Maddog. I love her spirit and her love of rice and beans.